First Steps Environmental Activities is a competency based course developed to equip the learners with necessary competences, skills, values and knowledge geared towards developing the child. The course employs an inquiry based approach to learning in alt activities which equips learners with skills and the quest to learn and discover on their oWn. The course:
• Encourages the use of learning materials from the learner’s immediate environment thus giving the learner an opportunity to appreciate the environment
• Has a variety of activities which enable learners to explore and learn
• Covers all the outcomes in the syllabus
• Has activities which integrate the core competences, values, and pertinent and contemporary issues
• Has activities to encourage parental involvement in the learning of the children
• Has activities that enable learners to appreciate and improve their community.