Growing in Christ
CRE Activities – Learner’s book, Grade 2
The Growing in Christ competency-based series is specially written to provide practical experiences that will build the learners’ knowledge and understanding of the Christian faith, as well as equip them with values, skills, and attitudes that will assist them to live well with self and others. Books in this series provide a range of activities that learners will find exciting and motivating. The activities are aimed at the acquisition of the core competencies and values as well as an appreciation of pertinent and contemporary issues.
The Learner’s Book ensures coverage of the New Competency-based Curriculum by providing:
• Content that is structured according to the curriculum design.
• A Let us do section that carries individual and collaboration activities through which the learners create new learning.
• Real-life situations that require learners to apply creativity and critical thinking skills in solving everyday problems.
• In the Bible section that summarizes the content of Bible verses.
• A Take home section that encourages learners to learn from the home environment as well as apply what they have learned.
• An I wonder section, which encourages learners to imagine a different world and thus appreciates the Word of God, themselves and others.
Together, the Learner’s Book and the Teacher’s Guide provide learners and teachers with all they need to succeed in the New Competency-based Curriculum.