Read with us Literacy Activities is a new series specially written to provide practical experiences that support acquisition of literacy skills for the new competency-based curriculum. Books in the series provide a range of exciting activities. The activities are aimed at acquisition of core competencies, values, and pertinent and contemporary issues (PCIs).
The Learner’s Book ensures coverage of the new competency-based curriculum by providing:
• Units that are structured according to strands and sub-strands as outlined in the curriculum.
• An integration of the four language skills — listening, speaking, reading and writing.
• Real-life situations where learners can apply creativity and critical thinking skills in solving everyday problems.
• Numerous activities learner-centred through which the learners engage in teamwork and communication.
• An application section (At home) that allows learning to take place out of class and at home.
• Activities aimed at integrating the use of digital technologies in learning thereby enabling the learners to acquire digital literacy skills.